Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Change is for the better, right?

Let's just say life has handed me a one-two punch, perhaps even a three-four punch, to the belly. It is early morning and I am in early mourning for the life I used to think I was living. In a way though, it is all for the good. Growing pains hurt but life is always changing, and it always is metamorphosing into different forms. I am taking a page from the playbook of Qeuetzalcoatl, and shedding my skin, over and over endlessly. I have wings to fly through the clouds and I slither through the dirt just as comfortably. Evolution is dependent on those with the most flexibility, those who can weather the change with the least agony. I keep telling everyone I know that change is the fire under our psyche's butt, and now, yes, even I have to live like the Pheonix through the ancient combustion of life's licking flames.


I don't think we, as cosmic monkeys, are hard-wired to like it though, seeing as we put it off until nothing else will do.

Let me just say this to the universe. I want to change, I want to flow into the new life, but I don't want to cleave myself from all that I know, in order to keep the spark of life and love that I understand inside of me. I feel apprehensive that the cold winds of this world might blow out that tenuous spark otherwise.

And that is all I will say about that for now.

2 comments:

JB aka JayBee said...

Your spark is strong and will weather the winds of change.

Allow yourself to feel what you are feeling, with change often comes loss, and it is honorable and proper to grieve for what is gone.

Anonymous said...

Right ~ ~

Permaculture News