Monday, July 16, 2007

this day

my grandpa died of cancer this morning
a good friend hung herself to death one year ago
my life partner's little sister is getting married this afternoon

I caught a smallmouth bass yesterday
I had to hit it on the head with a hammer many times until it took its last breath and let its fins go limp
today I sauteed it in some butter for breakfast and it was very good
there was another fish that I caught but I killed it while trying to retrieve the hook from its mouth
I left it for the birds

I have to go to the dentist
I have to get ready for tomorrow
I haven't gone to work today

the cycle of life and death goes on and on

1 comment:

fremenine said...

Today's 'Buddhist Thought For The Day':
Decay is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence. - Buddha ...

Permaculture News